Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

 Mother's Day is this weekend. What??? I realized this this morning. So... since I work best under pressure, I whipped these up. Yes, I totally rolled my eyes as I typed "whipped" because these two cards took me most (and I mean like 7 hours) of the day to create. Life would be so much easier if I set out with a plan. Instead, I sit and ponder about colors, stamps and fancy embellishments. I am far too indecisive of a person to just make a quick decision and stick to it.


~ For my Mother-in-Law ~
This first card is for my mother-in-law. She is such an amazing person. I honestly do not know what I would do without her help and guidance. She is my farm mom. She is simple and happy and a generally "sunny" person. I think this card is totally fitting for her. Plus, she loves Hello Honey.




*I cased this card from Janeybell Designs.

Supplies
Cardstock ~ Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
DSP ~ Birthday Bash
Ink ~ Baked Brown Sugar, Hello Honey, Strawberry Slush, Old Olive
Stamp Sets ~ Delightful Dozen (retired), Kinda Eclectic, *misc. script background stamp
Embellishments ~ Natural Chevron Ribbon, Very Vintage Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Pearl Basic Jewels, Tea Lace Paper Doilies (colored using Brayer tool).


~ For my Mama ~
This card is for my own mama. She is in love with flowers and gardens and Crisp Cantaloupe. I absolutely have fallen in LOVE with this stamp set. I love any stamp that can have dimension added to it. I was able to add three layers to the large flowers. THREE! The photos truly do not show off the happiness of these layers.




Supplies
Cardstock ~ Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
Specialty Paper ~ Gold Foil Sheet
DSP ~ this paper is retired. I'm so sad :(
Ink ~ Hello Honey, Crisp Cantaloupe, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Baked Brown Sugar
Stamp Sets ~ Chalk Talk, Indescribable Gift
Embellishments ~ Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Thick Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10