Friday, June 13, 2014

A Wonderful Life ~ In the Forest


My family went camping quite a bit when I was growing up. I remember it being nothing but fun! Now that I'm a farmer's wife and our busy time is in the summer, we don't get to go camping very often. In fact, I don't know if our kids have every slept in a tent outside the backyard. Kinda sad. Mental note... make it happen.

On the bright side, I created this cute little camper card using some of my favorite Stampin Up! products. Today at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration we're focusing on our favorite items from the new catalog. First off, how the heck do I narrow that list down? Second, how do I fit it all in one card? And third, I can only make one card for this post. Boo! 

I tried to do my best with just a few items. I really really love the new Lullaby Designer Series Paper. It has some of my absolute favorite colors in it. The main one being Crisp Cantaloupe. I think it's the best color (okay one of the best) in the catalog and the second one (which surprises me) Hello Honey. I wasn't sure if I'd like this color or not, but so far I love it!  I also incorporated embossing with the Arrows Folder. Finally, I topped it off by using a stamp from the Perfect Pennants set.

This is my very first attempt at a pop up card. Not sure if I like it or not. It seems to me that it might not be perfect after it's mailed and opened. I know, I know.. there are worse things to worry about.




What I Used:
Cardstock ~ Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Hello Honey, Basic Grey
DSP ~ Lullaby
Stamp Sets ~ Perfect Pennants, Life in the Forest
Ink ~ Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Hello Honey, Black StazOn
Tools/Other Supplies ~ Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Scallop Edge Punch, Oval Framelits, Arrows Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, 3/8" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Apothecary Collection Framelits, Blender Pen, Glue, Glue Dots, Petite Petals Punch, Sponges, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
Embellishments ~ Baked Brown Sugar Twine, Pearls Basic Jewels
















1 comment:

  1. I would absolutely love to receive your card in the mail!! It reminds me of all the time that I spent camping!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10