Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentine Candy Box

Who doesn't love to receive chocolate on Valentine's Day? I'm still scrambling for gifts to give on Valentine's Day. Yes, I know it's still 2 weeks away, but if I don't get it all done soon, it'll never happen. I'm not doing too bad, I have the kids' classes and teachers taken care of. Woo Hoo! But, I still have a few people left. You know, like my husband, the kids... only the most important people. Sigh...

So, today I got the idea to make up my own little candy box. This is such a cute little package. Three different types of candy and little mini gift tags. 



Mini gift tags inside

Cardstock cut to size. The DSP was used on the inside of the box.

My little trick to making the box "square"

Stamped window sheet 

Apply window sheet to the inside of the lid using glue dots.

Stuff with candy!


Supplies
Cardstock ~ Real Red, Coastal Cabana
DSP ~ Fresh Prints (Occasions Catalog)
Ink ~ Real Red, Coastal Cabana, StazOn (white)
Stamp Sets ~ Hearts a Flutter, Beautifully Baroque
Tools ~ Window Sheet, paper trimmer, paper snips, glue dots, snail runner, Deco Labels Framelits
Embellishments ~ Red string (not stampin' up)

Finished size: 4 1/2" x 6" x 1 1/4"

Dimensions
Base: 6 1/2" x 8" Score @ 1 1/4" on all four sides
Lid: 6 5/8" x 8 1/8" Score @ 1 1/4" on all four sides
Inner boxes: 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" Score @ 1" on all four sides




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10