Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hello Sweet Sorbet!

Good Morning! The sun is actually shining! I couldn't believe it when I went out to feed my horses. It totally made my day... and that was before 9am! It's gonna be a good one, I can feel it. 

I created this card late last night. I don't know about you, but that's when I work best. After everyone has gone to bed. Of course it helps that I'm an insomniac. I'd much rather play in my craft room than stare at the ceiling. 

I used the sketch from Mojo Monday. It's a fun one with lots of layers (my favorite!). I may have derailed a little along the way, but this was my take on it. I am totally obsessed with this Sweet Sorbet DSP from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. It's FABULOUS! Since I'm a horsey kinda gal, I wanted this card to have a southwestern kind of feel to it. When I saw this DSP in the catalog, I knew that was how I was going to use it. I'm also totally obsessed with the arrows too. So, I wanted to cram as many as I could into this card. It was a perfect way to end a crazy busy day!




Supplies
Cardstock > Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe
DSP > Sweet Sorbet
Ink > Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, Basic Gray, Coastal Cabana
Stamp Sets > Oh Hello, Gorgeous Grunge, Geometrical, Peachy Keen, Hello Lovely
Tools > Stamp-a-ma-jig, paper snips, paper trimmer, Paper Doily Sizzlit, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack
Embellishments > Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons

1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulously cool card! Love all those arrows and those fun buttons.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10