Friday, December 27, 2013

Hard Knocks

So...last Saturday I slipped on the ice in the driveway and fell backwards, landing on my head. Knocked myself out and everything. Woke up completely paralyzed and had to lay there for quite a while before I could move. Of course I was home alone. Of course my phone bounced out of reach. I managed to crawl to my phone and call Eric (the hubby). It's amazing how quickly he can drive home when he wants to. I didn't think I had a concussion because I wasn't nauseous so I took some Advil and curled up on the couch. By Monday the pain in my neck was too much to bear so I went to the doctor. Four hours later, I walk out of the E.R. with a concussion and whiplash. OUCH! Perfect timing for the Holidays. Ugh!

We went ahead and had Christmas dinner at our house. I'm stubborn like that. But now I'm paying for it. I've been completely useless and it's driving me NUTS. This is definitely not how I planned our Christmas break. I've read, I've watched movies, I've scoured Pinterest till my eyes crossed and I've studied all my Stampin' Up! catalogs. I'm DYING to go to my Woman Cave and play. But, my hubby has me on a VERY short leash. 

How long does this last? How long till I can resume human behavior? I make a horrible patient. I think poor Eric has had it with me. I feel like the 5 year old saying "are we there yet?" but in my case it's "am I healed yet?" I tried to put the ipad in the freezer this morning, so I guess things are still a bit scrambled. 

So, if you're wondering WHY in the world I'm not creating, I guess I have a legitimate excuse. I'm going to try and sneak out tomorrow and put some things together, but we'll see. Maybe I should invest in a helmet...

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I am glad you are ok. I hope you have a speedy recovery and can get to your cave to create soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Boni! I'm feeling much better and was able to play a little yesterday and today!

      Delete

01 09 10